Sunday, March 9, 2008

"It Was A Very Good Year" by Rob

Since John’s been listening to a lot of Frank Sinatra lately (see his blog from a couple weeks ago), I thought it would be appropriate to snag one of Ol’ Blue Eyes’ songs for the name of this Blog. But it wasn’t just a very good year; it was a great year, and that’s due mostly to all the wonderful friends of JMMA. I used think I had “friends” and then I had “online friends.” Now, I simply have friends, some of which happen to be online. Geographically speaking, we’re unable to touch one another; but that doesn’t stop us from touching one another. And I’ve been touched by so many of you that I couldn’t’ begin to thank you all... except to say, thank you.

Sharon and I talk all the time, and the thing we love best about running JMMA is the friendships it seems to help forge. I can’t tell you how happy it makes me feel when I see a comment on someone’s page that says, “Hey, thanks for adding me. I saw you on the JMMA page.” I like to think of JMMA as the John Mayer version of Hands-Across-America because in my twisted mind, that’s how I see us: as a GROUP, a GANG! We all have this wonderful thing in common – the love of John’s music – and that helps get us in the door with one another. And sometimes that’s all it takes to get a friendship off the ground because the next thing you know, we’re not just talking about John’s music - we’re telling each other what kind of mood we’re in through a Mayer-disguise; we’re asking each other to pray for us and for loved ones; and we’re supporting each other by just letting each other know we’re thinking about them.

Anyway, I can go on and on about this, but the bottom line is that the quality of people here is just mind-boggling and Sharon and I couldn’t be happier to be associated with such an amazing group of people.

xox (and we mean that!) =)

2 comments:

Laura J said...

Rob and Sharon, I want to say thankyou to you both. You have given alot of us something to think about; laugh about and sing about. You so often make my day or give me an escape from it just when i need it. Thank you again

Unknown said...

aww, I heart you guys too! Crystal (^_^) I'd go on & on like usual, but I gotta make breakfast. LOL